Wednesday, November 9, 2011

On the Road to Organizing My Life, Pt.1

It started with my laundry closet. The top of my dryer hasn't seen the light of day since we moved in 2 years ago.


I had been storing big appliances in their original boxes on the top shelf. But we weren't using them and they were taking up space. So I took them out and conserved a lot of space! That basket on the middle shelf holds my dish towels (I have 2 mini drawers in my kitchen). It sat on my dryer for 2 years. But no more! My crock pot is more easily accessible which is great because I've finally found the joy in using one! Notice my drip catcher hanging from my detergent dispenser. I'm pretty proud of that. And then hanging the grill tools was an a-ha moment. Wow...2 years it took me to do this. TWO YEARS. And my life changed on boring Sunday night. I'm sick of clutter!

Then came my desk at work. My coworkers were overjoyed at the sight.


My goal in organizing and decluttering is to create a space that is a safe haven, a sanctuary after a rough day, a refuge for my family and anyone who enters our home. I want to be able to find things, use things I have more easily, and make my home more efficient. I'm not fighting my home and it's messes...I'm fighting MYSELF and the messes I MAKE! How backward is that? So here's to no more angry rants at the cabinets, no more wondering what to make for dinner because I can't see anything in my pantry, no more giving up. My empty dryer top will be my inspiration and motivation. Because I can't tell you how excited I am to see that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment